SMT Surface Mount MEMS High-G Shock Accelerometers
Piezoresistive MEMS high-amplitude shock accelerometers represent state-of-the-art industry technology for miniature, high amplitude, DC response acceleration sensors. This series is capable of measuring long duration transient motion as well as responding to and surviving extremely fast rise times, typical of a high-g shock event as found in explosive, gun and impact testing. Both packaged and OEM configurations are offered, to fulfill a variety of installation requirements.
The hermetically sealed sensing element is air-damped with over range stops intended to improve survivability and is a full active Wheatstone bridge with high input resistance for low power consumption. It is micromachined from single crystal silicon and manufactured with the latest advances in etching techniques and equipment using deep reactive ion etching (DRIE).
- Single axis and triaxial arrangements
- Mechanical over-range stops improves survivability
- Slight damping reduces resonance amplification
- Excellent amplitude linearity
- Low power consumption
- Metal-to-Metal Impact & Pyroshock
- Data Recorders, Penetrator & Launch Tests
- Consumer Electronics Drop Testing
- Sporting Goods and Impact Tool Testing
- Blast Loading & Survivability of Structures
- Fuze, Safe and Arm