Structured with highly sensitive piezoceramic sensing elements, miniature Ceramic Shear ICP® Accelerometers have an excellent signal-to-noise ratio, high measurement resolution, and are ideal for conducting low-level vibration measurements. Due to their inherent higher sensitivity, a ceramic ICP® accelerometer can be assembled with a smaller mass than comparable quartz units, resulting in a sensor that is lighter in weight, has a higher frequency response, and has a lower noise floor.
To further reduce the mass of the sensors, all ceramic shear accelerometers are housed in either tough, lightweight, laser-welded, hermetically sealed, titanium or aluminum housings. By minimizing the mass of the sensor, mass loading effects are reduced, which maximizes the accuracy of the data obtained.
Charge Output miniature accelerometers operate up to +500 °F (+260 °C), permitting measurements in extreme environments and with existing charge amplified systems.
Triaxial accelerometers are available in a variety of sensitivities to suit specific application requirements. Choose miniature, lightweight units for high-frequency response, minimized mass loading, and when installation is in space restricted locations. Low profile designs are ideal for on-road or wind tunnel testing of exterior body panels. Through-hole mount units simplify axis and electrical connector orientation while controlling cable routing along the test specimen. Filtered output units avoid high frequency overload as may be encountered with engine NVH and drive train measurements.
- No moving parts provides durability
- Rigidity imparts high frequency range
- Lightweight construction minimizes mass loading
- Numerous configuration options
- Mount by screw, stud, or adhesive
- Available with both Quartz elements (for thermal stability) or Ceramic elements (for high measurement resolution)
- Drop Testing & Package Testing
- Small Component Qualification Testing
- Low Amplitude Vibration Measurements
- High Frequency Applications
- Space Restricted Installations
Choose PCB miniature piezoelectric accelerometers for your research & development needs.
We have thousands of sensors in our online shop in stock, ready to ship, with a lifetime warranty. To discuss specific applications, please contact us or request a quote.