PRIVACY NOTICE | 1 July 2019
PCB Piezotronics is a global company with its headquarters in Depew, NY, USA. PCB Piezotronics has many subsidiary and affiliate companies located in many different countries. This notice applies to PCB Piezotronics and its subsidiaries and affiliates that may obtain Personal Data. You can find details about PCB Piezotronics and its relevant subsidiaries and affiliates in the table below. The entity with which you engage will be responsible for your Personal Data. PCB Piezotronics and its subsidiaries and affiliates collectively shall be referred to as “PCB” in this notice.
Please note that PCB’s websites may contain links to third-party websites. The privacy practices of those websites are controlled by third parties, not PCB. Please review their privacy policies carefully.
You can contact email@example.com if you have an inquiry or question related to this notice.
Why does PCB process your Personal Data?
PCB may use the Personal Data we collect to process orders, respond to queries, determine buying trends, provide a more personalized experience on our website, and for any other permissible use under applicable law, as discussed below.
What types of Personal Data does PCB collect?
“Personal Data” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
PCB processes the following categories of Personal Data:
- Identification data such as name and contact information;
- Professional data such as company information, number of employees and other business related information;
- Page view information, navigation information, log information; and
- Information about your IP address and browser.
How PCB processes Personal Data you actively provide to us:
- Programs, Polls and Surveys: When a user registers for certain PCB programs and services, including to receive a newsletter, the user may be asked to provide Personal Data including name and contact information, company, or demographic information (e.g., geographic location, industry, number of employees and other business related information). Also, PCB may offer surveys in which users are asked to indicate their opinions or preferences. PCB processes the data you provide in order to deliver information, services, and/or products you request (legal basis: Article 6(1) a. and/or b. GDPR).
- Marketing and business development: Subject to consent as may be required by applicable law, PCB also uses data collected on our websites or at trade shows or trade fairs for the purpose of providing users with marketing information via mail or email, (legal basis: Article 6(1) a. and f. GDPR). Users may opt-out of receiving messages at any time by clicking an “unsubscribe” link contained in any promotional or other emails that we send to users. Opt-out requests will be processed without undue delay.
- Customer and Technical Support: PCB uses email as an avenue through which to provide customer service and technical support. We may contact the customer using Personal Data in an attempt to resolve an issue. We may also use Personal Data to proactively notify customers of technical issues which may affect them, (legal basis: Article 6(1) b. GDPR).
- Transactions: PCB processes Personal Data, including contact and billing information collected from individuals who wish to conduct a transaction, (e.g. via email order).
Information collected for transactions may include a payment card number and security code, although PCB does not store such data. PCB uses this Personal Data information to check purchasers’ qualifications and verify their identity, as well as for billing and shipping purposes, to provide the services and/or products the purchasers have requested, (legal basis: Article 6(1) b. GDPR).
- Protection: PCB processes Personal Data to protect PCB’s rights and pursue available remedies, enforce PCB’s terms and conditions, prevent or investigate fraud, protect PCB’s operations and users, and for any other reasons PCB deems necessary to protect its business interests as is allowed by applicable law. PCB performs this processing to pursue its legitimate interests in business continuity, (legal basis: Article 6(1) f. GDPR).
- Ethics Matters: PCB processes Personal Data where applicable to respond to any reported ethics or compliance matters, (legal basis: Article 6(1) c. and/or f. GDPR).
- Job opportunities: PCB processes Personal Data (e.g. Personal Data contained in the CV or motivation letter) of job applicants where necessary for hiring decisions, (legal basis: Article 6(1) a. and/or b. GDPR).
PCB also collects other data ((legal basis: Article 6(1) f. GDPR) ) when you use its websites, in order to pursue our legitimate interests in business continuity and provide adequate services to website users:
- PCB uses page view and navigation information to ensure that users can find information on our websites as quickly as possible. Also, PCB analyzes user traffic patterns throughout our websites.
- PCB does not attempt to identify individual visitors to our websites through such analysis, but do collect data on general types of users based on domain name or browser type. This information is obtained directly from the user's web browser identification information, using cookies and similar types of passive tracking mechanisms.
PCB does not combine other data with Personal Data to identify individuals. PCB’ processing of Personal Data is performed based on PCB’ legitimate interest to conduct business activities.
With which third parties do we share Personal Data?
PCB may rely on third party service providers in order to provide you with the products and/or services you request as well as to provide security and related operational support. Subject to applicable law, PCB may communicate your Personal Data to public authorities or courts where it is requested to do so or if such communications are required to protect and/or enforce PCB’s rights. PCB also may disclose your Personal Data in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of its business. PCB may also share your Personal Data with third party partners in connection with co-sponsored events and promotions, and as otherwise permitted by applicable laws.
Third Party data may be accessed from non-EU countries, and in particular from the United States, for the purposes defined above. In addition, PCB may rely on third party service providers for hosting, maintenance, and support purposes, which may involve data transfers out of the EU.
PCB is committed to providing protection for data transferred to and/or made accessible from non-EU countries, and PCB therefore enters into a European Model Contract as adopted by the Commission Decision 2010/87/EU (“EMC”) for transfers of personal data to non-EU countries. PCB enters into EMCs with PCB entities located outside the EU as well as with third parties located outside the EU, unless other guarantees recognized as valid either by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or the European Commission are in place.
How long does PCB keep your Personal Data?
PCB may retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our contracts.
PCB does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16, or such other age as specified by local law. If you are under the age of 16, you should not submit any Personal Data or other personal information to PCB.
PCB uses a variety of security measures, including encryption technology, to minimize the risk of the loss, misuse, or alteration of information provided to PCB. While PCB has measures in place to safeguard the Personal Data it processes, no security system is perfect, and PCB cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide.
About Your Rights
You have the right to access your Personal Data. You can request that your Personal Data be rectified or deleted. You are also entitled to object to the processing of your Personal Data or to request restriction thereof. In addition, you have the right to request to receive your Personal Data in a structured and standard format. Where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and without reason.
If you have any requests or complaints regarding the collection or processing of PCB Piezotronics Personal Data, please contact privacy@PCB.com. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer, “DPO” by sending an email to DPO@PCB.com. You also have the right to report a complaint with your local data protection authority.
When PCB receives a request from a data subject concerning the processing of their Personal Data, the DPO and Office of Risk and Compliance will evaluate whether PCB is required to
grant the data subject’s request and take any action as may be appropriate and in compliance with applicable law.
How does PCB use “Cookies”?
Definition of Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are widely used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. We also use other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, including web beacons and pixel tags, for similar purposes. In this Cookie Statement, we refer to all of these
technologies as “cookies.”
Types of Cookies
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our websites and services and to enable essential features, such as providing shopping cart or product application functionality. If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to fulfill your requests.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites and services and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing. The information these cookies collect allows us to optimize our websites and make them easier for you to use, and it does not personally identify you. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications, and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information we use in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites, applications and services are being used and how effective our marketing campaigns are, and to help us customize our websites. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing or shopping history and are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. We may share this information with third parties to help create and deliver advertising personalized to you and your interests. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content on our websites and services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
Cookies Placed by Third Parties
Controlling and Opting Out of Cookies
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device’s help material. If you choose to reject cookies, as noted above, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services.
Do Not Track
Some browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. We do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Instead, we adhere to the standards described in this Privacy Notice.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
If material changes are made to this Privacy Notice, a link on the home pages of our websites will be posted regarding our “Newly Revised Privacy Notice,” or we will provide a comparable notification of the changes. You should check the PCB website periodically to see if any changes to this Privacy Notice have been made. You also can determine if this Privacy Notice has changed recently by reviewing the effective date posted at the beginning of the notice.