PCB Piezotronics is growing! We are expanding our Supply Chain team and looking to add a Master Planner! The Master Planner would be responsible to schedule the supply of materials to and through production to ensure a balanced workload, 98% on time delivery, and inventory-stocking targets are maintained. To ensure success, the Master Planner will be required to provide timely, accurate best dates for customer RFQ’s. They will also participate in demand/capacity planning and utilize decisions made, interim changes to keep the proper level/types of products flowing through production.
The Master Planner will also manage gross inventory investment including mitigation of/disposition of obsolete and excess inventory, consistently working cross-functionally to make and execute decisions while optimizing the productivity, growth and cost goals of PCB. If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to be a part of, don’t wait any longer, apply today!
||Associates Degree. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. APIC’s Certification preferred / Lean Certification or CI projects using problem solving method a plus.
||ERP running Advanced Planning and Scheduling method (APS vs. MRP/MPS). Working in a Standard Work environment.
||Four to eight years’ experience of production planning in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment utilizing MRP, MPS planning methods. Experience with APS planning method a plus. Experience planning in a multi-site and/or vertically integrated environment a plus.
||Able to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
||Strong sense of accountability and able to manage in a fast paced, quick change environment. Excellent cross-functional communication / collaboration skills. Makes scheduling decisions using capacity/demand considerations and customer service needs in addition to system signals. Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Follow Standard Work and TCS documentation instructions to execute responsibilities.
- Utilize planning, analyzing, prioritizing, communication and decision making skills to:
- Drive sufficient supply to fill all demand (Customer orders, Transfer Orders, Forecast, Safety Stock, Engineering jobs, one-off authorized requests)
- Monitor timely completion of supply that you are responsible to provide; and supply that you are dependent upon to execute your next level plan.
- Maintain credible due dates in the system for all supplies you are responsible to plan
- Take appropriate and timely action if supply is insufficient or will be unavailable in time to meet demand due date.
- Maintain consistent, open communications with operations managers, production supervisors, engineers and SC colleagues to take action on opportunities to improve schedule or to address bottlenecks that may impact the credibility of current dates.
- Provide customer facing colleagues with timely and accurate lead times via standard work/standard tools and in response to specific inquiries. Engage others as required in order to optimize ability to quote lead time that meets customers request date.
- Participate in developing and executing plans for customer RFQ’s / orders when quantity or delivery date required exceeds typical service expectations / current capacity.
- Execute planning responsibilities for Engineering Change Requests. For BOM changes assess and provide effectivity dates. Monitor to ensure no gap in supply and minimal cost impact. Ensure system fields are properly updated during the various steps in the ECO process.
- Review inventory levels against targets and take action to increase or decrease. Focus first on making any ‘outlier’ inventory usable by modifying or getting approved for an alternate use, returning to supplier if purchased, etc. If determined that the inventory should be made excess or obsolete, make recommendation to the PPIC Manager.
- Ensure system fields assigned contain accurate data real time. Communicate with other field owners with concerns / questions on the accuracy of other fields.
- Establish and maintain order modifiers to ensure timely visibility of supply requirements and proper system signal to drive associated demand signal to SC colleagues.
- Interact with production supervisors, engineering and finance as required to roll cost for new items.
- Understand status of items/area responsible for and update informational and/or data reports per schedule.
- Work collaboratively to continuously improve Standard Work and documentation in order to achieve 98% OTD to Promise, appropriate work load in production and inventory target levels and other target conditions as determined.
- Participate in development and achievement of goals and metrics related to the performance of the Supply Chain, Operations / Production , Finance, Engineering, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to have 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, 401k, profit sharing and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a a completed application
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Jennifer Braun
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disability