Machinist I, II, or III
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. PCB’s Management is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and challenging work environment. At PCB we operate on a first name basis with a full open door policy. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge.
Works from drawings and/or written instructions, sets up and operates manual or CNC machinery and equipment to produce precision parts that may require assistance from supervisor/ team leader.
Promotes teamwork, cooperates and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Assigned to one of the following functions and may perform specific duties as outlined below.
- Changes bar stock.
- Understand tooling controls, dimensions and makes tool offsets under direction.
- Performs basic CNC programming edits and identifies program errors.
- Sets up material and fixtures on in staging area.
- Adjusts cutting conditions as needed.
- Performs basic CNC programming and identifies program errors.
- Understands program and positioning relative to part dimension and make offset changes when required.
- Sharpens own tools and makes own special tools.
- Identifies areas for process improvements.
- Tool Room:
- Operates manual machines through all functions.
- Ability to perform all aspects of the lapping area and supports in training initiatives.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Uses measuring instruments to inspect parts and must follow QC sampling plan as required.
- Regularly uses a microscope to view and inspect parts.
- Completes all required paperwork and makes data collection transaction as needed.
- Verifies conformance of finished work to ensure compliance to tolerance and company specifications.
- Will make effort towards meeting or exceeding production requirements for job.
- Uses basic trouble shooting skills to identify problems and make recommended changes to correct.
- Identifies dull or worn inserts or tools and change as necessary.
- Understands order of operations.
- Must have the ability to complete preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Cycles and jogs machine through all functions.
- Completes preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Cooperates and interacts with employees in a positive manner.
- Maintains neat and orderly work areas and understands the concepts (5S).
- Must be able to grind their own tools.
- Needs to be able to do first piece inspections and first article.
- Sets up machines with assistance and completes jobs per instructions.
- Achieves top level quality on activities involved in.
- May be required to be trained on multiple work centers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
High School graduate or equivalent; BOCES Machine Shop or equivalent skilled trades school. Shop math skills and blue print reading skills. Basic troubleshooting skills.
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to
“Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to have 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, 401k, profit sharing and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a completed application to:
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disability