High Sensitivity Pressure Sensors
High sensitivity ICP® pressure sensors are for low pressure measurements requiring excellent resolution and small size. PCB® Series 112A pressure sensors are used to measure small dynamic hydraulic and pneumatic pressures such as turbulence, noise, sound, and pulsations, especially in adverse environments. They are capable of measuring high-intensity sound pressures from 111 to 210 dB at any static pressure level from full vacuum to 1,000 psi (6,895 kPa).
- Fast rise time of ≤ 2 μsec from quartz element
- High resonant frequency of ≥ 250 kHz
- Contains a rigid, multi-plate quartz element for high output
- Internal acceleration compensation minimizes vibration sensitivity
High Sensitivity ICP® Acoustic Pressure Sensors
PCB® Series 103B has played a major role in the development of supersonic aircraft and rockets. This tiny instrument is also useful for measuring transient pressure events, air turbulence, and other such acoustic phenomena on structures or aerodynamic models.
- Capable of high-intensity sound measurement of 191 dB with 86 dB resolution
- Acceleration compensated, ceramic element virtually eliminates vibration sensitivity
- Ability to measure small pressure changes ≤ 0.1 mpsi (0.689 Pa) under high static conditions
- Ground isolation is available with plastic hardware