General Purpose Pressure Sensors for High Frequency
PCB® dynamic pressure sensors set the standard for extremely fast, micro-second response with a wide amplitude and frequency range. These characteristics allow them to excel in high-frequency applications, where minimum sensor diameter is required.
Tips from Techs:
When calibrating in air or other gas, apply grease to the diaphragm to avoid false data caused by thermal shock.
- Fast rise time ≤ 1 μsec from quartz element
- Ultra-high resonant frequency of ≥ 500 kHz
- Frequency-tailored output without the “ringing” characteristic of most other sensors
- Internal acceleration compensation minimizes shock and vibration sensitivity
- Combustion Studies
- Explosive Component Testing (e.g. detonators, explosive bolts)
- Airbag Testing
- Measurement of air blast shock waves