PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. PCB’s Management is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and challenging work environment. At PCB we operate on a first name basis with a full open door policy. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge. We are currently growing and are in need of a Manufacturing Engineer III in our corporate office located in Depew, NY.
Provide support to engineering and production personnel in the testing and manufacturing of PCB products. Further advance PCB’s goal of “Total Customer Satisfaction” and continuous growth, as measured by Policy Deployment objectives and metrics. Under moderate levels of supervision of a Lead Engineer, designs, develops, or modifies products of moderate complexity, applying appropriate engineering principles.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts, identifying and implementing manufacturing changes to improve productivity, efficiency and yield.
- Lead the application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma practices.
- Develop manufacturing processes, fixtures, work instructions and test protocols for Production.
- Assemble prototypes, for testing and validation.
- Perform calculations and evaluations of production and test data and publish project reports.
- Complete engineering change documentation to revise manufacturing instruction, routers and drawings.
- Develop and execute experiments to evaluate new and revised manufacturing processes.
- Train personnel in manufacturing processes and test procedures.
- Provide applications support to Sales and Customer Service for technical inquiries.
- Perform “forensic” failure analyses of customer return or in-process-failed products and components.
- Provide engineering support for the evaluation of outside suppliers.
- Train company personnel on new and revised manufacturing/test processes.
- Delegate to, and guide, engineers and technicians in the support of the above responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Four year degree (BS or BT) in mechanical, electrical, manufacturing or related technical discipline. Seven (7) years of manufacturing engineering experience. Strong computer skills, including MS Office, 3D CAD software, fixture design, GD&T, stack-up, processing mapping, understanding BOM structures, lean manufacturing, SPC, six sigma, DOE. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, very strong technical aptitude and strong problem solving skills.