Low Noise Prepolarized Microphone - Industry's First
1/2" Prepolarized Free-field Microphone
- Prepolarized (0V) design
- Low 6.5 dBA noise floor (5.5 dBA typical)
- Wide frequency range, (10 Hz - 16 kHz)
- High sensitivity, 450 mV/Pa
- Uses cost effective coaxial cables
- A2LA, ILAC accredited, CE marked
- Computer disk drive testing
- Electric vehicle sound quality
- Cabin noise measurements
- Environmental noise monitoring
- Appliance noise source location
- Sound power measurements
- General low noise testing
The 378A04 is a matched system that is comprised of a high sensitivity microphone and a low noise preamplifier that contains a built-in filter that enables the free-field response to remain flat over a wide frequency range. The system requires a minimum of 4 mA and measures to 6.5 dBA (5.5 dBA typical) within a cost efficient, prepolarized (0V) design.
PCB’s model 378A04, the industry’s first prepolarized low noise microphone and preamplifier system, allows you to measure extremely low amplitudes. In the past this was only possible with externally polarized solutions. With a typical noise floor of 5.5dBA, this microphone system delivers all of the benefits commonly associated with prepolarized systems.
Benefits include the use of coaxial cables with BNC connectors that can be shared with other ICP® compliant products: accelerometers, force and pressure sensors. This system can be used with data acquisition systems that supply 4 mA of constant current. Portability and interchangeability with other sensors minimizes test set-up time and reduces the overall cost per-channel.
Read AudioXpress Magazines Evaluation of PCB microphones here.