Design Engineer II
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. PCB’s Management is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and challenging work environment. At PCB we operate on a first name basis with a full open door policy. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge.
1) Under moderate levels of supervision of a Lead Engineer, designs, develops, or modifies products of moderate complexity, applying appropriate engineering principles
2) Determines feasibility of designs, considering costs, time limitations, planning and other technical and economic factors
3) Uses engineering judgment to determine and then to analyze competing product design approaches in materials and construction, some of which may involve novelty
4) Understands both mechanical and electrical design inputs, both within their area of expertise (expert) and outside (knowledgeable)
5) Works with other engineers and departments to advance their understanding about sensor design, test methods and calibration procedures
6) Develops sufficient expertise and knowledge of PCB products to be recognized by internal and external persons as a technical resource.
7) Uses computer-assisted engineering software and equipment for moderately complex product design and analysis
8) Completes product documentation packages (drawings, bills of material and specifications), to adequately communicate design intent to Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
9) Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
10) Possesses an understanding of the causal relationships of product design to performance and product cost and can modify product designs accordingly
11) Possesses an understanding of Six Sigma tools and is accomplished with their use in product development processes.
Qualifications: BS in Mechanical Engineering. Three to seven years in appropriate technical field. Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office software, 3D modeling software
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to have 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, 401k, profit sharing and more!
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a completed application, or apply in person at:
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disability/VEVRRA