PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. PCB’s Management is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and challenging work environment. At PCB we operate on a first name basis with a full open door policy. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge. We are currently growing and in need of a Help Desk Technician II in Depew, NY.
High School Graduate or equivalent. Four year technical degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 2 years experience in performing Help Desk or related Desktop Management services in a corporate environment. A+, Network +, Project + certifications and at least one major O/S certification is preferred. Must be familiar with:
- Microsoft XP / Windows 7 installation and support including the use of automated tools for Desktop Management (Imaging, MSI/MST, patch management, remote control, remote management, software deployment)
- Fundamental Client Network configuration and troubleshooting using TCP/IP over Ethernet and Wireless Networking
- Microsoft Office installation and troubleshooting
- Printer installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Installation, management, and support of Malware removal tools (anti-virus, anti-spam)
- Telephone support of corporate users
- Experience in creating/documenting/training standards and procedures to customers and junior level Help Desk associates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb ladders, pull cable, crawl under desks and use power hand tools.
Responsible for the day to day Desktop Management and support of all client computing systems and devices within the company including hardware, software, networks, etc. Follow all PCB procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001. Promote teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members. Cooperate as a team member of the Information Technology Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs the following IT functions:
Help Desk Technical Specialist
Computers / Printers
- Responsible for working with the Systems Engineering team to identify needs and opportunities to improve the end user experience with out desktop and mobile fleets.
- Responsible for participating in and maintaining comprehensive help desk coverage during business hours.
- Participate in 24x7 emergency on-call schedule to ensure after hours user support line coverage.
- Oversee maintenance of IT procedures and user training documentation. This includes maintaining the ISO procedures and keeping the web-based document repository up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction including performing direct customer service activities, follow-up phone calls and surveys, and diffusing escalated customer issues.
- Mentor and cross train other help desk staff on technical skills development
- Utilize Project Management skills to manage large scale desktop management initiatives.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, purchasing, setting up desktop and notebook systems, re-deployment of existing inventory. Expected to utilize Desktop Management tools and techniques to perform these tasks efficiently.
- Responsible for installing software programs such as Antivirus, Antispam, Office productivity, or other corporate applications. Aspects will involve utilizing MSI/MST files, script files, and remote software distribution tools.
- Responsible for ensuring PC software license compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate PC software and hardware inventory.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and replacing parts in printers.
- Responsible for coordinating office space moves.
- Responsible for installing and testing cat5e/6 wiring, installing new hubs/switches, moving old hubs/switches.
- Ensures adequate and successful nightly data backups of all critical systems.
- Responsible for helping configure email clients including anti-spam, anti-virus applications.
- Responsible for aiding user base regarding support of email issues including training on functionality.
- Contacts vendors, with purchasing assistance, to collect price and availability information on required products.
- Assists users with questions/concerns on hardware/software and operating systems.
- Shows new users how to login and use email and standard applications/services.
- Track all activity in the IT Request and Project Tracking System.
- Acts as Communication and Coordination point for critical system outages.
- Ensures that appropriate emergency steps are followed during power failures.
- Responsible for helping to take appropriate measures when the network goes down to restore operations on a timely basis.