Help Desk Technician II
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. PCB’s Management is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and challenging work environment. At PCB we operate on a first name basis with a full open door policy. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge.
The Help Desk Technician II will be responsible for the day to day Desktop Management and support of all client computing systems and devices within the company including hardware, software, networks, etc. Follow all PCB procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001. Commit to and promote “Total Customer Satisfaction” for both internal and external customers.
Cooperate with others as a team member of the Information Technology Department. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb ladders, pull cable, crawl under desks and use power hand tools.
High School Graduate or equivalent required. Four year technical degree preferred but not required. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in performing Help Desk or related Desktop Management services in a corporate environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be familiar with:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems installation and support including the use of automated tools for Desktop Management (Imaging, MSI/MST, patch management, remote control, remote management, software deployment)
- Fundamental Client Network configuration and troubleshooting using TCP/IP over Ethernet and Wireless Networking
- Microsoft Office installation and troubleshooting
- Printer installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Installation, management, and support of Malware removal tools (anti-virus, anti-spam)
- Telephone support of corporate users
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs the following IT functions:
Help Desk Technical Specialist
1. Responsible for working with the Systems Engineering team to identify needs and opportunities to improve the end user experience with out desktop and mobile fleets.
2. Responsible for participating in and maintaining comprehensive help desk coverage during business hours.
3. Participate in and coordinate 24x7 emergency on-call schedule to ensure after hours user support line coverage.
4. Oversee maintenance of IT procedure and user training documentation. This includes maintaining the ISO procedures and keeping the web-based document repository up to date.
5. Responsible for ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction including performing direct customer service activities, follow-up phone calls and surveys, and diffusing escalated customer issues.
6. Mentor and cross train other help desk staff on team and technical skills development
7. Utilize Project Management skills to manage large scale desktop management initiatives.
1. Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, purchasing, setting up new and old PC’s, and re-deployment of existing PC inventory. Aspects will involve maximally utilizing Desktop Management tools and techniques to perform these tasks efficiently.
2. Responsible for installing software programs such as Ant-virus, Anti-spam, Office productivity, or other corporate applications. Aspects will involve utilizing MSI/MST files, script files, remote software distribution tools.
3. Responsible for ensuring PC software license compliance.
4. Responsible for maintaining accurate PC software and hardware inventory.
5. Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and replacing parts in printers.
6. Responsible for coordinating office space moves, including network wiring
1. Responsible for helping configure email clients including anti-spam, anti-virus applications.
2. Responsible for aiding user base regarding support of email issues including training on functionality.
1. Contacts vendors, with purchasing assistance, to collect price and availability information on required products.
User Support (Help Desk)
1. Assists users with questions/concerns on hardware/software and operating systems.
2. Shows new users how to login and use email and standard applications/services.
3. Maintain a database of trouble tickets for progress tracking and history purposes.
Performs other related duties as assigned
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to
“Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to have 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, life insurance, 401k, profit sharing and so much more.
Interested candidates should
submit a resume, a completed application, or apply in person at (use reference # 2015-50):
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Rebekah Chriss
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability