LT Calibration Technician I
||Two-year technical degree in mechanical or electrical technology or equivalent. Training in-house, on the job, specific to product-line.
||Applicable. See Department PE008.
||Technicians must apply the ability to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Participation specific to the pressure department includes the ability to operate hydraulic hand pumps and handle dead weights that are approximately 10 lbs. in mass. Participation specific to the Force/Torque Department includes the ability to handle and maneuver hydraulic hand pumps with dead weights and fixtures that are approximately 50 lbs. in mass.
||Observes all safety precautions per department guidelines when operating test equipment, especially when handling liquid nitrogen and performing ballistic testing requirements specific to the pressure department. Basic computer skills required in executing calibration software.
Follow all PCB procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001.
Performs a series of required tests on manufactured products by following written procedures or as requested by the Calibration Supervisor or lead persons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Responsible to perform tests and calibrations on basic products.
- Responsible for knowing and using proper ESD procedures as outlined in the ESD manual.
- Performs all necessary tests efficiently and accurately by following established written procedures.
- Responsible for making sure that all products meet established test specifications.
- Responsible for knowing and following proper test and customer repair procedures as outlined in the Calibration Dept. Manual.
- Follows steps on the product job router, writes legibly, signs and dates traveler when steps are completed.
- Ensures that test equipment calibration stickers are not expired before using, and notifies supervisor or lead person if expired or close to expiration.
- Communicates with supervisors, lead persons and other production departments concerning any problems with product testing or equipment.
- Works with electrical and mechanical test equipment such as meters, pressure pumps, dead weight testers, shakers and test chambers.
- Must become knowledgeable in the use of all basic test equipment in the calibration dept.
- Keeps test equipment and department neat and clean at all times.
- Follows safety rules and keeps area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to have 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, 401k, and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a a completed application:
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Sara Perry
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disability