Piezoresistive MEMS Shock Accelerometers
High-G Shock Accelerometers
- Packaged and surface mount OEM Configurations
- Single axis and triaxial arrangements
- Mechanical over-range stops improves survivability
- Slight damping reduces resonance amplification
- Excellent amplitude linearity
- Low power consumption
Piezoresistive MEMS high-amplitude shock accelerometers provide DC response and are capable of measuring long duration transient motion, as well as responding to and surviving extremely fast rise times, typical of a high-g shock event as found in explosive, gun and impact testing. Both packaged and OEM configurations are offered, to fulfill a variety of installation requirements.
The sensing element is air-damped with over range stops and is a full, active piezoresistive Wheatstone bridge. It is micromachined from silicon and manufactured with the latest advances in etching techniques and equipment using deep reactive ion etching (DRIE).