Sensor Assembly & Test Manufacturing Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA, Senior Manufacturing Engineer
The Sensor Assembly & Test Manufacturing Engineer will develop and maintain assembly, packaging and test procedures, and manufacturing systems for a production environment for the manufacture of silicon-based MEMS sensors including pressure sensors and accelerometers. This includes tracking product yields and product failure modes. They will work closely with operators to resolve production issues and will improve procedures to reduce labor time, reduce cost, and improve quality. They will also support some backend semiconductor processes such as wafer saw. The candidate should have hands-on experience in these areas and be able to work independently or as part of a cross-functional team and be capable of performing failure analysis as required.
Job Core Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain assembly and packaging procedures and manufacturing systems for MEMS pressure sensors and accelerometers including all documentation, specifications, engineering change notices, and operator training. This includes aluminum wire wedge bonding, die attachment, sensor assembly, glass frit bonding and leak testing.
- Develop and maintain test procedures and test systems for MEMS pressure sensors and accelerometer including all documentation, specifications, engineering change notices, and operator training. This includes die level and assembly level test and characterization.
- Develop and maintain wafer saw and ultrasonic machining procedures and systems including all documentation, specifications, engineering change notices, and operator training.
- Improve assembly, packaging and test system automation and capability.
- Resolve manufacturing issues in areas of responsibility.
- Using SPC methods, track product yields and generate failure mode paretos and product manufacturing reports.
- Conduct and document failure analysis and competitive analysis. Communicate results to internal or external customers.
||BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar fields with at least 5 years related experience. MS preferred.
||5-7 years or more of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience with semiconductor hybrid assembly processes and equipment such as aluminum wire wedge bonding, gold ball bonding, and die attachment.
- Experience with die and sub-assembly testing especially pressure sensor and accelerometer test methods.
- Strong knowledge of the operation of silicon pressure sensors and accelerometers is desirable.
- Experience with silicon wafer saw equipment and processes is desirable.
- Experience with data processing, SPC, and six sigma tools.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and test stations.
- Knowledge of Labview programming is a plus.
- Experience with electrical test equipment such as power supplies, DMM’s, curve tracers and parametric analyzers, etc.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disability