||Mechanical Engineering Technology (A.A.S.) or 5yrs. equivalent experience, BSMET preferred
||Able to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
|| Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office software, SolidWorks 3D modeling software
Follow all PCB procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001.
Uses engineering education and background knowledge to complete product design projects utilizing SolidWorks 3D modeling software in order to launch into manufacturing environment, meeting established cost, time and deliverables goals, while following Accumetrics procedures. Learns basic Accumetrics product design (as appropriate), telemetry system design (as appropriate), application considerations (as appropriate), manufacturing processes, test methods, departmental procedures and policies. Creates the documentation packages to provide the information required to build our products. Works closely with production technicians, product design engineers, and management to understand and improve manufacturing processes and product designs. Works under moderate supervision. Works with production to resolve issues in the short term to allow us to satisfy immediate customer demand, as well as longer term “continuous improvement projects”. Significant interaction with, Manufacturing Technicians, other Engineers and vendors is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Designs or modifies telemetry products/accessories of modest complexity, applying basic engineering principles.
- Works with other engineers and departments to learn about telemetry design, test methods and calibration procedures.
- Applies engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, packaging and manufacturing of products.
- Upon receiving project definition and design inputs from Engineering, completes basic product concepts for review.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering software and equipment for basic product design and analysis.
- Interprets drawings, schematics and technical specifications.
- Understands both mechanical and electrical design inputs. The expected level of understanding will depend upon the individual’s engineering discipline.
- Completes product documentation packages (drawings, bills of materials and specifications), under supervision, to adequately communicate design intent to Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Interact with customers and vendors to obtain/supply design information required for the given task/project.
- Learn Accumetrics systems and subsystems in order to prioritize new design projects, design new product, roll it out to manufacturing, address first time build concerns, and document for later reference.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Develops an understanding of the causal relationships of product design to performance and product cost.
- Develops a functional knowledge of how to “manage risk” of new designs.
- Conducts failure analyses of rejects from manufacturing or customers.
- Works with Engineering to specify new products, develop reasonable tolerances, and develops understanding of reasonable project timing.
- Develops relationship with manufacturing Engineers and Technicians in order to write effective and common procedures, Bill of Materials, and Routers to achieve the “flawless launch” of new products and long term manufacturing capability.
- Works with design engineers and production technicians to coordinate the timely transfer of new products to production. This will include helping to design fixtures.
- Learns how to conduct continuous improvement projects on current quality or cost related manufacturing issues.
- Performs other related duties as required for the efficient operation of the Engineering Department and Accumetrics as a whole.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers health/dental insurance, 401k, profit sharing and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and/or a completed application via email:email@example.com,Fax: 716-684-4540 or apply in person at (use reference # 2019-11):
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D