PFT Machine Operator (Manual Lathe) -2nd Shift
PCB Piezotronics, has a 2nd shift opportunity for a PFT Machine Operator (Manual Lathe).
||High school, equivalent. BOCES Machine Shop or equivalent trades school. Manual lathe experience required. Basic shop math knowledge and basic blueprint reading skills.
||The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, focus adjustment and regular use of a microscope.
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- The Machine Operator will work from drawings and/or written instructions, operates a variety of manual or CNC machinery and equipment to support production of precision parts with assistance.
- Assigned to one of the following functions and may perform duties specific to the equipment used.
- Automatic – changes and chamfers bar stock, understands tooling controls and dimensions.
- Finishing – ability to sharpen own tools.
- Lapping – ability to measure and verify dimensions specified.
- Part Wash – Operate various part washing systems
- Molding – Understands controls
- Uses measuring instruments to inspect parts and may follow Q.C. sampling plan depending on function.
- Regularly uses a microscope to view and inspect parts.
- Maintains and completes appropriate paperwork and makes data collection transactions as needed.
- Verifies conformance of finished work to ensure compliance to tolerance and company specifications.
- Must meet or exceed production requirements for job.
- Ability to identify dull or worn inserts or tools dependent on work center.
- Understands order of operations.
- Sets up and completes simple jobs. May need to jog and cycle a machine through all functions.
- Able to complete preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- May require assistance from lead persons or higher-level machinists.
- Maintains neat and orderly work areas, understands the concepts of 5s.
- Should have the ability to make off sets and perform tool and insert changes.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to have 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, 401k, and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a a completed application:
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Sara Perry
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disability