Machine Shop Tooling Service Technician
PCB Piezotronics Machine Shop is seeking a Tooling Service Technician on 1st shift.
||High School graduate or equivalent; BOCES Machine Shop or equivalent skilled trade school. Mechanically inclined, able to perform basic arithmetic calculations
||0-1 years’ experience. Must have a good mechanical aptitude, hand/eye coordination.
||The physical demands described here are representative of those that be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, focus adjustment and regular use of a microscope.
Follow all PCB procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001.
Works from verbal and/or written instructions. Manages daily responsibilities in the departments included but not limited to program folder, work order, material, and tooling pickup and delivery. May assist or lead lesser experienced employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- May perform part washing activities using a variety of cleaning methods and machinery.
- Makes necessary “BSD” transactions for labor data collection, etc.
- Will be required to perform basic inspection techniques to verify part drawing visually.
- Regularly uses a microscope to view, inspect and clean parts.
- May be required to perform heat treating operations as required.
- Maintains neat and orderly work areas.
- Understands order of operations.
- Cleans parts without assistance.
- May be required to perform preventative maintenance tasks as needed.
- Chip Removal
- Add or remove coolant
- Operates Forklift.
- Helps perform daily cycle count functions for raw material and bar coded tools as required.
- Performs a number of duties to assist department supervisors, including but not limited to: Parts washing, Machine cleaning, mopping, assist in organizing
- Dispenses tooling and make inventory transactions to maintain proper inventory accuracy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.