PCB Piezotronics is seeking a Crystals Machinist to join our team. PCB is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire top talent and support them in doing their job. The Company’s pleasant work environment, world-class benefits package, and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge.
||High School graduate or equivalent; BOCES Machine Shop or equivalent
skilled trades school. Intermediate shop
math skills and blue print reading skills.
Basic troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
||Minimum of one to three years shop experience.
||The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand.
The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee must feel comfortable working
with low level X-ray equipment and chemicals.
Also employee must follow basic lab safety rules. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to
||The work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties
of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of
electrical shock. The employee is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate.
||Own tools required: 1" micrometer, 6" dial calipers, 6"
scale, minimal hand
Follow all PCB procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001.
Works from drawings and/or written instructions, sets up and operates manual or CNC machinery and equipment to produce precision parts that may require assistance from supervisor.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Assigned to the following functions and may perform specific duties as outlined below.
- Sets up material and fixtures on table.
- Adjusts cutting conditions as needed.
- Performs basic CNC programming and identifies program errors.
- Understands program and positioning relative to part dimension and make offset changes when required.
- Identifies areas for process improvements
- Operates machines through all functions.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Uses measuring instruments to inspect parts and may follow Q.C. sampling plan depending on function.
- Completes all required paperwork and makes data collection transaction as needed.
- Verifies conformance of finished work to ensure compliance to tolerance and company specifications.
- Meets or exceeds production requirements for job.
- Uses basic trouble shooting skills to identify problems and make changes to correct.
- Identifies dull or worn tools and change as necessary.
- Understands order of operations.
- Sets up and completes jobs per instructions or with assistance.
- Cycles and jogs machine trhough all functions.
- Completes preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- May require assistance from lead persons or higher level machinists.
- Cooperates and interacts with employees in a positive manner.
- Maintains neat and orderly work areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to have 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, 401k, profit sharing and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a a completed application
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Sara Perry
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disability