Learn How to take Sound Power Measurements
Microphones are important transducers in the world of acoustics. To get meaningful data when testing products, metrics such as Sound Power are used. ISO standards provide guidelines to assure repeatability of this measurement. Within the videos section, Dr. Chad Walber discusses how to use Sound Power Measurement techniques for your product testing.
Part 1 - Basics of Sound Power
- Acoustics basics and terminology
- Particle Motion vs. Waveform Propagation
- Sound Fields
- Octave Band Analysis
Part 2 - Taking Sound Power Measurements
- Methodologies for Measuring Sound
- ISO Standards for Sound Power
- Sound Intensity Measurements
Have more questions? Ask the Acoustics Experts.