PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package, and investment into employee career development and advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge. We are currently growing and are in need of a Senior Programmer/Analyst in our corporate office located in Depew, NY.
This position is responsible for interactively working with business units to solve problems or enhance business processes by developing custom programs or reports utilizing commercial off the shelf (COTS) and vertical software and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to "Total Customer Satisfaction" among team members.
- Identifies development opportunities (problems, improvements) to business processes or other problems by collaborating with business unit managers and staff.
- Gathers, qualifies, and documents program customer requirements.
- Assesses the impact of implementing specific solutions vs. not implementing solutions. This may include preparing Cost assessment, Process Assessment, value / benefits assessment, impact studies.
- Models and/or architects solutions to identified problems or opportunities. May involve utilizing diagramming tools to model solutions as necessary.
- Utilizes project management skills to plan, implement, and control projects. Regular communication of project status is important. The ability to perform a WBS (Work Breakdown Structure), including prioritizing tasks and projects is essential.
- Implements architected solutions by writing, debugging, testing (including limited Quality Assurance testing) code using Progress, Syteline, Microsoft or other development tools.
- Uses Source Code Control tools such as Visual Source Safe to maintain a repository of code and development changes.
- Develops documentation of source code as well as end-user training guides.
- Works with supervisor to develop and maintain procedures of Information Technology department.
- Performs administration of related systems such as databases, source code repositories, etc.
- Understands and works within the company ISO 9001 quality system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of a four year software engineering, computer programming, or computer science degree. A business degree coupled with equivalent training and experience may also be appropriate. Minimum of five years experience specifically in a database programming, systems analyst, or equivalent position is required. Depth of knowledge in ERP/MRP is preferred, specifically utilizing Syteline is a bonus. Experience with MS SQL Server, C Sharp, Visual Studio.NET, Crystal Reports, project management, other software development lifecycle approaches.