Manufacturing Engineer II
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge. We are currently growing and in need of a Mechanical Engineer II to join our team members, in Depew, NY.
The Mechanical Engineer utilizes education, experience and technical knowledge to provide support and training with regard to assembly methods, tests, procedures, etc. Works closely with production technicians, product design engineers, and management to understand and improve manufacturing processes and product designs. Works under moderate supervision. Works with production to resolve issues in the short term to allow us to satisfy immediate customer demand, as well as driving continuous improvement projects in order to implement irreversible corrective actions. Requires training on PCB products and technology. Significant interaction with Sales, Manufacturing Technicians, and other Engineers is required.
Education/Training: BS Engineering and field experience
Experience: 3 plus, other high volume manufacturing experience
Other: Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office software, 3-d modeling software, LEAN, Design of Experiments, Shainin techniques, error proofing.
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Works with other engineers and technicians to learn basic sensor technology, manufacturing processes, test methods, departmental procedures and policies. Share “lessons learned” from experiences, and collaborate on improving design and/or processes of existing PCB products.
- Works with other engineers and technicians to provide support and training with regard to assembly methods, test procedures, ISO 9001 documentation, production equipment, company policies/procedures, etc.
- Utilizes PCB’s 3-d modeling software to modify designs, modifies written procedures, Bill of Materials, and routers to improve manufacturing process.
- Works with design engineers and production technicians to coordinate the timely transfer of new products to production. This will include helping to design fixtures, helping writing procedures and discussing “lessons learned” from current products.
- Works hard with manufacturing personnel to promote LEAN and reduce waste in system.
- Learns how to lead and drive continuous improvement projects on current quality or cost related manufacturing issues.
- Utilizes test equipment to test products and maintains a working knowledge of applicable calibration methods.
- Full functional knowledge of how to determine special cause failures vs. common cause failures in order to establish project direction.
- Learns to protect the customer by categorizing measurement system failures (Type I vs. Type II).
- Learns to prioritize production issues by the Pareto principle in order to work on the most important issues first.
- Conducts failure analyses of rejects from manufacturing or customers and works at developing effective “Preventative Actions” that will not allow for reoccurrence.
- Functional knowledge of statistical process control techniques and error proofing hierarchy to implement irreversible Corrective Actions, and Preventative Actions.
- Uses data for decision making, understands “capability”.
- Researches, analyzes and studies existing products, systems, subsystems, test equipment and processes to improve performance, reliability, quality and cost.
- Works with engineers and production technicians to improve production yield, reduce scrap, and solve other product related problems.
- Learns how to build, test, and calibrate products. Gains experience with test equipment and processes.
- Working knowledge and fully developed relationship with other functions in area of responsibility in order to optimize cross-functional communication.
- Full functional knowledge of PCB’s ECO (Engineering Change Order) and New Product Launch processes.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to have 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, 401k, profit sharing and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a completed application
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D