Machine Operator- All Shifts
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. PCB’s Management is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and challenging work environment. At PCB we operate on a first name basis with a full open door policy. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge. We are currently growing and in need of a Machinists in Depew, NY.
|High School graduate or equivalent; BOCES Machine Shop or equivalent skilled trades school. Basic shop math knowledge and basic blueprint reading skills.
| Physical Demands:
| While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, focus adjustment and regular use of a microscope. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
| Work Environment:
|While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
| Own tools required: 6” calipers, 1" micrometer.
Works from drawings and/or written instructions, operates a variety of manual or CNC machinery and equipment to support production of precision parts with assistance.
1. Assigned to one of the following functions and may perform duties specific to the equipment used.
a. Automatic b. Fabrication c. Finishing. d. Lapping e. Part Wash f. Molding
2. Uses measuring instruments to inspect parts and may follow Q.C. sampling plan depending on function.
3. Regularly uses a microscope to view and inspect parts.
4. Maintains and completes appropriate paperwork and makes data collection transactions as needed.
5. Verifies conformance of finished work to ensure compliance to tolerance and company specifications.
6. Must meet or exceed production requirements for job.
7. Ability to identify dull or worn inserts or tools dependent on work center.
8. Understands order of operations.
9. Sets up and completes simple jobs. May need to jog and cycle a machine through all functions.
10. Able to complete preventative maintenance tasks as required.
11. May require assistance from lead persons or higher-level machinists.
12. Maintains neat and orderly work areas, understands the concepts of 5s.
13. Should have the ability to make off sets and perform tool and insert changes.
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume, salary requirements and shift availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org.