Services Team Lead-2nd Shift
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. PCB’s Management is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and challenging work environment. At PCB, we operate on a first name basis with a full open door policy. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge. Our Halifax, NC location is currently looking for a Services Team Lead, please note this is a 2nd shift position. Our Halifax location focuses on our ICP®, piezoresistive, acoustic, force, shock & vibration sensors.
The main responsibility of the Services Team Lead is to follows established procedures to perform basic and advanced tasks for the laser etching or laser welding of sensors.
- Coordinates work as needed for Service Operators and oversees the welding, etching, molding and winding of products.
- Monitors and controls the daily production priorities for the supermarket of product waiting to be welded, inspected, leak tested or etched.
- Independently performs production etching and welding with high efficiency and high quality in order to meet daily Throughput, PPHH, scrap and Yield metrics. This position works in Production greater than 80% of the time.
- Trains and leads less experienced etching / welding Service Operators. Sets example for lesser skilled / newly hired operators with respect to teamwork, cooperation with supervision and coworkers, productivity and quality.
- Refers to routers, engineering orders, special instructions and miscellaneous forms for procedures and instructions to perform proper laser markings or welds.
- Verifies finished work conforms to specifications. For laser welds, uses a microscope to inspect welds for stress, holes, cracks and appearance to determine compliance and quality. Troubleshoots and makes appropriate repairs to unacceptable etches and / or welds.
- Works closely with Engineering on the development of new welding programs and improvement of existing programs. Provides expertise on welding process capability and input on fixture / tooling requirements to Engineering.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining all department etching, welding, leak testing, and support equipment (chillers, shield gas supplies, etc). Provides technical communication to equipment manufacturers’ service personnel as necessary to repair equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to use LaserCAD, G-code, and Excel to create and edit programs and files for etching and welding.
- Refers to program books and/or database to determine proper etchings, weld settings, and fixtures. Modifies form program to achieve acceptable etchings.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement teams, kaizen events, procedure development efforts, etc.
- Performs leak tests and connector weld strength verification test on laser welds as required.
- Performs inventory analysis and replenishes supplies for maintaining etching and welding equipment. Accountable for inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for knowing and using proper ESD procedures as outlined in QC1008.
- Complies with all aspects of the ISO 9001 standard, as well as other standards as applicable.
- Understands and promotes PCB commitment of "Total Customer Satisfaction".
- Maintains neat and orderly work area.
- Follows established procedures with respect to workplace health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent experience
Minimum 6 years or equivalent experience with demonstrated knowledge.
Advanced operation, troubleshooting and repair of laser welding equipment. Computer literate in e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet software.
Able to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to
“Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to have 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, 401k, profit sharing and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a completed application:
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disability