Electrical Engineer - Farmington Hills, MI
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years related experience in Electrical Design & Software Programming required.
- Project management experience required. Lean, Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Must have excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, & #D modeling software experience required.
Responsible for the electrical design and programming of strain gauge devices including sensors and sensor electronics:
- Uses engineering education and industry experience to complete moderately complex product design projects, meeting established cost, time and deliverable goals, while following PCB new product development procedures.
- Acquires an advanced knowledge of PCB product design (As appropriate), sensors system design (as appropriate) and application considerations (as appropriate).
- Determines feasibility of designs, considering costs, time limitations, planning and other technical and economic factors. Significant interaction with Manufacturing Technicians and other Engineers and Designers is required.
- Uses engineering judgment to determine an then to analyze competing product design approaches in materials and construction, some of which may involve novelty.
- Understands both electrical and mechanical design inputs, both within their area of expertise (expert) and outside (knowledgeable).
- Uses computer-assisted engineering software and equipment for moderately complex product design and analysis.
- Completes product documentation packages (drawings, bills of materials and specifications), to adequately communicate design intent to Manufacturing and Supply Chain staff.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Diagnoses root cause, and provides production solutions for electrical related issues (hardware and software) of PCB’s line of strain gage sensors and electronics
PCB Load & Torque, Inc., an ISO 9001 registered company, designs and manufactures a full line of high quality, precision load cells, wheel force transducers, torque transducers, and telemetry systems; while RS Technologies, a division of PCB Load & Torque, specializes in fastener torque-tension test systems. In addition to quality products, PCB Load & Torque offers many services including: A2LA Accredited Calibration Services for torque, force, and related instrumentation; and A2LA Accredited Threaded Fastener Testing Laboratory.
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PCB Load & Torque is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer