Inventory Control Supervisor
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package, and investment into employee career development and advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge. We are currently growing and are in need of an Inventory Control Supervisor in our corporate office located in Depew, NY.
This position will supervise the inventory control staff to ensure timely and quality completion of tasks and daily responsibilities. Set goals for improvement and continuously improve process and staff productivity. Ensure inventory records accurately represent PCB’s inventory investment. Train, monitor and audit individual performance addressing any concerns. Work cross-functionally to train, monitor and ensure timely and accurate recording of inventory transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Hire, schedule, train, instruct, develop and conduct performance evaluations of personnel.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
- Accountable for the accuracy of inventory records as related to: part number, quantity, location, labeling, and approved packaging. Participates in refreshing of ABC codes, coordinates cycle count program, tracks results daily and takes or causes action to resolve root causes of inventory inaccuracy.
- Accountable for the FIFO flow of material from inventory to production. Must be accurate in materials, counts, documentation and delivered to production prior to the job start date.
- Accountable for the accurate receipt and putaway of inbound materials from internal suppliers and from the receiving department.
- Ensure the accuracy of key inventory control fields with the BSD as assigned.
- Monitor work ahead of production cells and manage daily resource allocation to ensure flow of job kitting to achieve ‘work ahead’ targets per cell across the various kitted and POU areas.
- Monitor and rectify inventory related transactional errors in the BSD within the inventory control group and with x-functional areas through documented procedures, training, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure adequate evaluation and approval of miscellaneous inventory adjustments based on financial impact and/or policy/procedure adherence and relay information as appropriate to management.
- Oversee activities involving excess and obsolete inventory.
- Maintain metrics related to productivity, accuracy and timeliness; develop and execute plans to achieve target goals; evaluate processes and implement approved suggestions to improve.
- Establish and maintain a 5S program in the central inventory area; collaborate with supervisors in other areas where inventory is held to support visual / 5S inventory control.
- Identify opportunities, recommend and lead or assist in implementation of approved productivity improvement ideas, processes, equipment and technology.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Associates degree in technical/business discipline, three or more years of experience. 3+ years supervising 10 or more non-exempt individuals; in a low volume, high SKU, fast paced manufacturing facility serving commercial and DFAR/ITAR customers. Environment includes ESD protection, job kitting, visual and electronic KanBan pull replenishment processes, POU inventory, lot tracking, serialization, outside processing. Drafting procedures for approval and conducting training. Maintaining metrics associated with SKU level inventory management. Implementing productivity improvement processes and technologies (i.e. time studies, data collection automation, Andon signals). Compliance with inventory policies, processes and reporting/audit requirements. Detail oriented, proven supervision/team building and change management skills. Strong ERP transactional knowledge and Excel skills.
Interested candidates should
submit a resume, a completed application, or apply in person
using reference # 2012-141:
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer